HUMC – Outdoor Worship
The guidelines below are set forth for us by the Virginia United Methodist Conference. We must follow all guidelines or future engagements will be in jeopardy. The overall goal of the guidelines is to keep everyone safe and healthy during the pandemic while worshiping.
Worship will be at 9am in the parking lot and grassy area of the church. The driveway on East Colonial Hwy will be closed except for handicap cars and emergency vehicles. All others will enter the church via Harmony Church Rd. Please look for parking attendants to assist.
Guidelines to Follow:
- Before Sunday:
- Register to attend the service and complete a health form 4 days prior (by Thursday close of business). This must be done each week. Here is the link for this Sunday, 9/20: Sign up for Outdoor Worship
- Here is the link for the Health Form
- Everyone must wear a face mask for outdoor worship. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children under two should not wear face coverings, therefore parents with children under two years of age should make alternate arrangements for them if the parent wants to attend outdoor worship. The church is not offering child care at this time.
- Check the weather forecast and plan to dress accordingly with comfortable shoes.
- Find your lawn chair(s) and umbrella to bring with you for each person attending in your family.
- Day of the Service – Before you leave your home:
- Before leaving to attend Worship service, each attendee must:
- Take his or her temperature. It must be less than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit in order to attend worship.
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
- Everyone will maintain strict physical distancing – 6 feet or more at all times. Only immediate family members living in the same household will be allowed to sit together.
- Everyone will be required to wear a face covering the entire time during worship. If you cannot wear a face covering or if you refuse to wear a face covering, you cannot attend in-person worship or will be asked to leave.
- Restrooms are for emergency use only in Driscoll Hall.
- No singing or bulletins – it is fine to hum along to a song.
- No child care.
- Offering will be collected via a donation box in the parking lot.
- Bring your chair to sit on and an umbrella for sun shade. Ushers will direct you where to sit based on social distancing guidelines.
In addition to the 9am outdoor service, our worship service will also be available on our YouTube channel at or around 11am. Please choose the worship option, virtual or outdoor, that is best for you and your family.
If you have any questions, please call the church office.
We look forward to worshiping with you on Sunday!