Gleaning is now underway for the 2020 season. If you would like to know more about gleaning and/or receive e-mails regarding the dates of upcoming gleaning opportunities, please contact Sharon Evick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, the Society of St. Andrew has come up with new guidelines for gleaning volunteers as a response to Covid-19. Here is a list of the new guidelines:
- People who are immunocompromised, sick, feverish, or feeling ill are not allowed to glean.
- People with underlying medical conditions that might be exacerbated by volunteering outdoors while wearing face coverings in the heat, are not allowed to glean.
- Number of gleaners at any event will be restricted in accordance with current reopening guidance in that state.
- Volunteers must wear face coverings (it is recommended to bring your own).
- Volunteers must wear gloves (it is recommended to bring your own).
- Volunteers must maintain a safe, social distance of 6ft. from each other during events.
- Liability waivers must be completed and verified before any volunteer opportunity: Volunteer Waiver
Please click here to see more Missions and Volunteer opportunities: https://harmonyva.org/missions/